Platform Bed or similar
I don't do well with normal mattresses and bedding. It's less problematic than it used to be.
It's good to be up off the floor though.
Monks slept on platform beds that basically looked like a wooden table. I might be okay with a futon and platform or something like that and minimal bedding.
The room should be designed to stay a reasonable temperature year round, preferably without AC, so I don't need more than a single sheet or blanket typically.
Washing towels, bedding etc. is a huge imposition when I have to do it constantly because I'm so sensitive to everything. I prefer to just not have much in the way of towels, bedding, carpeting, curtains, upholstery etc.
Wood furniture is good -- real wood, not particle board -- in part because having little in the way of soft surfaces does terrible things to the acoustics of a space. So I'm still trying to figure out how to balance stuff like that, but too much tile, metal and glass with no curtains, upholstery or carpeting is an unpleasant space acoustically and sound is physical vibration which impacts the body.
We have a policy of not talking if someone is having respiratory drama until they can handle it because the vibration from a person's voice can make it impossible to suppress a cough or similar and for germ control reasons we try to not cough, sneeze or similar near each other and try to allow a person opportunity to get to a bathroom to deal with such issues.
Comments
Post a Comment