Outdoor Dining and Trash Disposal
For cleanliness reasons, I would like an outdoor dining area that I can periodically hose down.
Ideally, this should probably have a high end picnic table of the sort typically seen in public parks rather than backyards. Like a heavy stone or concrete set-up of some sort. Because they seem to be cleaner and more resistant to things like mold than what you see in most backyards.
This is intended to be our primary dining space year round and should be designed with that goal in mind given local weather.
So an outdoor room with wind breaks or a roof for when it rains or design elements that make it tolerably cool in hot weather and tolerably warm in cold weather, as appropriate to the local climate.
It should have ready access to trash disposal in a manner that limits germ exposure of the person dumping the trash. I would also kind of like a trash chute in the house to make it easy to dump trash after every meal.
I don't keep germy trash indoors at all. Except for making a small pile of non-germy items between trash runs, I don't keep trash indoors and I don't use indoor trash cans at all.
So receipts, cardboard boxes, tags from items we purchased or similar may get tossed in a pile somewhere, but if it involves food, if it's anything that touched anyone's mouth, etc. it goes out immediately after we are done.
Comments
Post a Comment