Laundry is a Big Question Mark
If I'm going to own bedding and stop throwing everything out like it's disposable, I probably need a washing machine but I'm not sure how to solve this.
Prior to our first stint of homelessness, my son was hand washing clothes and I bought a rack to dry them and we used a hair dryer pointed at it.
It was a not ideal solution, but we dismantled and threw out the washer and dryer due to mold issues in the machines and laundry closet.
I can't do dry cleaning. The chemicals are a problem.
Some "nut" years ago on maybe Sixty Minutes had an indoor hang to dry space heated by the sun or something. That part CAN be done. I just don't know how.
You need drying racks, a drip pan or stone floor and a drain in the floor and slight slant so it all goes to the drain.
I don't want a dryer. I want a hang to dry indoor solution not exposing my clothes to pollen etc. I know it's feasible. It's just not how we currently do that.
Comments
Post a Comment