A Cook's Kitchen


One single woman building a house joked that she didn't even want a kitchen, just a phone to order takeout.

A series in one magazine profiled the home kitchens of professional chefs. Most professional chefs have shockingly small home kitchens (with awesome, high quality equipment) fit to make breakfast for themselves and their mother. One chef explicitly explained that if he was hosting a gathering of more than four people, he simply threw the party at his restaurant.

Someone some years ago was asking about better ways to describe real estate and my recollection is somewhere in the discussion someone mockingly used the phrase "A cook's kitchen." And in response to that, I talked about the series mentioned above on the actual home kitchens of professional chefs.

They had gorgeous little kitchens with fantastic equipment. And it was designed to make breakfast or brunch for one to four people at most and there was a tiny table that sat four people at most.

If they were going to host a group larger than that, they were doing it at their restaurant.

I want a professional chef's home kitchen.

Not kidding.

It's just probably not what you FOOLS imagine that means.

I don't need a phone for takeout. Unless their app is on the fritz, I do my ordering online.

But I do like takeout as well as a regular part of my life.

Footnote 
Found it: chef's kitchen is the phrase they mocked.

Comments